This January I had a few free days and jumped at the opportunity to layer and pin-baste these quilts. That's when I really decided that I MUST have these finished by the twins' 4th birthdays. By this time they had been sleeping in those "big boy" beds for at least 6 months. Between now and then I attempted to be very disciplined and didn't allow myself to start any new quilt projects until these were done. Fast forward to today! I did it! The quilts are DONE. And I can't wait to give them to the kids tomorrow (a few days early).
Specifics of the quilt:
The quilts are identical, other than the backing. They are roughly 64" x 84" and each consist of 48 blocks that are 10" x 10" (with a 2" border around the outside).
For the quilt top & backing, I used Kaufman Kona Cottons in the following colors: Canary, Clover, Purple, Surf, Tangerine, Rich Red, and Snow. I was inspired by Rita from Red Pepper Quilts, and decided to put a bold black and white stripe binding on the quilt (Michael Miller Clown Stripe).